The secretariat of the Council of Representatives plays an important role in the parliamentary process as it provides all forms of logistic and research support and assistance.
The Secretary General undertakes financial and administrative responsibilities stipulated in the regulations and laws for Undersecretaries; compiles the draft agenda of sessions, prepares for the plenaries and monitors the minutes, attends committees meetings at their request, responsible for the Secretariat General undertakings, and reports to the Speaker on the activities of the Parliamentary Group executive committee undertakings.
- Abdullah bin Khalaf Aldoseri
- Secretary General of the Council of Representatives
- Kingdom of Bahrain
- Secretary General of the Council of Representatives (2014)
- First Deputy Speaker of the Council of Representatives (2011-2014)
- Member of the Council of Representatives (2002-2011)
- President of Independent Members Bloc (2010-2012)
- Vice President of Board of Popular Poetry, Kingdom of Bahrain
- Member of Society of Bahraini Journalists
- Supervisor of Popular Poetry pages in Bahraini Akhbar Alkhaleej Newspaper
- Awarded the Order of Competence by His Majesty the King
- Awarded various medals and certificates of distinguish for his participations in several political, cultural and literary fora on the local, GCC, Arab, and International levels.
- Member of Jury for many Literary Competitions at a local and GCC level.
- Awarded many prized in popular poetry competitions.
- Published a number of prized awarded papers in: history and literature
- Has various media input through preparing and presenting a number of TV and Radio shows.
- Has many writings in a number of local and GCC newspapers
- Has many literary, historical and social publications.
- Direct Oversight of the Council Bureau activities in his capacity as Secretary of the Council.
- Direct Oversight of the Parliamentary Group executive committee in his capacity as Secretary of the Committee.
- Direct Oversight of Assistant Secretary General for Committees, Sessions and Research, as well as the Assistant Secretary General for Human Resources, Financial, IT, and Services.
- Direct Oversight of the Parliamentary Group Affairs, Public Relations, Protocol and Parliamentary Media output and performances.
- General Oversight on the flow of subjects submitted to the Council of Representatives (decrees laws, draft-laws, law proposals, proposals, parliamentary questions) and parliamentary reports issued by the various committees.
- Prepares the draft agenda of the Council plenaries as per the rules of parliament and Council decisions.
- Direct Oversight of the Council of Representatives plenaries and minutes.
- Undertakes financial practices as per the authorities provided for by the Speaker.